Some Website Changes

| Reading Time:

If you looked at my website’s GitHub repository you may have noticed that I have been a bit busy changing some things there. In this post, I will be explaining some of these changes.

First of all, I am no longer using GitHub Pages to host my website, I now use Netlify.

I also added some new code for redirects. Now, instead of having to change JavaScript in one file, I just add a new file, build the site, and push to the GitHub repository. This was done for multiple reasons:

  • I did not want to have to look through a single file’s JavaScript code to find, change or add more redirects.
  • I also didn’t like the old redirects, the URLs used to look like With the new redirect system, the URLs will look like That looks a lot better.

Reasons for the switch to Netlify:

  • I wanted to be able to use NetlifyCMS to easily change or add new redirects.
  • Netlify has support for SSL for custom domains. It may not be a feature that I will be using for now as I use CloudFlare for this but it may come in helpful in the future.

There may have been other changes that I missed out and I don’t really know if these changes were worth a blog post but here it is.


Leave a comment

Please note that some comments may require moderation, as determined by Akismet. Read their privacy policy to learn more about how they process your data.

Your email address will be used to show a Gravatar image, but will not be published